Monday, August 6, 2012

Blabberize

Blabberize is another Web 2.0 site (see my tips on Web 2.0 here) that is like Speechable in that you can manipulate an existing photo by adding audio and a moving mouth.  It is not necessary to create a login account, but one is needed if you want to save your "video." Blabberize also gives you the option of searching for other videos created by Blabberize users and you can file those videos to your favorites on the website (if you have an account). This function is helpful because other FL students have posted their projects, so you can get an idea of how other teachers are using the resource.

I have not used this in the classroom, but I would like to in the fall. Some ideas for activities:
1. Students pick a celebrity and have the celebrity describe themselves.
2. I can create videos for students to listen to. They could do a cloze activity or simply write what the video says. I could also provide questions for them to answer.
3. Introduce vocabulary to students using these videos (this would be fun in the spring when students are probably tired of hearing my voice).

No comments:

Post a Comment