Friday, April 22, 2011

La comida española

What can I say? I love food. The only thing that I love more than food is food that I experience when traveling. Notice I did not say "eat." It's an experience. Here is a list of a few more foods that I tried while traveling in Spain.
Las migas- This is dish that is from Aragon, and it is basically fried day-old bread crumbs with some sort of meat and grapes. It does not sound like much, but it was delicious.
La ensalada aragonesa- This is a simple green salad with hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, white onions with an oil and vinegar dressing.
Las costillas- Ribs that are different from American barbecued ribs.
Café cortado-I do not drink coffee, so I did not try this. From what I understand, a cortado is an espresso that is "cut in half" with milk.
Anchoas- Anchovies. Not a popular food in the Midwest, but these came up in salads and in many dishes.
Torrezno- Fried pork that are similar to pork rinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment