Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Videos and the Spanish Economy

I became aware of this video from El Mundo Birch, and I thought this video would be a good starting point for talking about Spain's economic issues with my Spanish 1 students. They first watched the video without any introduction, and I asked them what they picked up from the video. Then I asked them why they thought Coca-Cola would do this which led into a conversation about the economic issues in Spain. It only took five minutes at the beginning of class, but it was much more relevant to them than reading a newspaper article about the economic crisis.
 
The next class day, I showed them this video. We didn't watch the whole thing, but, again, it was another starting point for conversation about the crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment