Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mi amigo imaginario

I adapted this activity from an activity that a teacher posted on the OFLA list serv, and I plan to do this activity in Spanish 1 in the fall. It can work for any level--the only thing that will change is the vocabulary and grammar that you would expect from the students.
Here are the steps of the project:
1. I will hand out the project's expectations and a rubric communicating to the students that I will be looking for appropriate vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation. Part of the project will be to record their description on whatever recording application I choose (Audacity, Audio Pal, Vocaroo, etc.) and post it to a community place (all of this I have yet to figure out).
2. I will present a model of a description of my imaginary friend. I will say her name, her physical characteristics, personality characteristics and what she likes.
3. After all the students have posted their recordings, each student should choose someone else's recording and draw their description (I will have my students draw theirs on a DyKnow slide so I can easily grade and return their drawings).
4. For an additional step, I might show a couple of the students' drawings and ask students to describe the imaginary friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment